Customs Special Procedures: Focusing on Inward Processing (IP) and Outward Processing (OP) November 2019
Date & Time: 18/11/2019 9:30 am - 4:30 pm | Location: Bedfordshire Chamber of Commerce
We shall look at the roles of processing in order to identify if you could trade more competitively.
Processing can be anything from repacking or sorting goods to the most complicated manufacturing. With IP, you could benefit from duty being relieved on imports of non-EU goods, which are to be processed in the Community before being put to an eligible disposal. Relief can be obtained from customs duty, specific customs duty, anti-dumping duty, countervailing duty. Alternatively, goods can be diverted to free circulation, at the rate of IP goods or compensatory products. Under the new Customs Law, the Union Customs Code, compensatory interest is not due.
However, a financial guarantee is required for potential debt. With OP we shall explain how you are allowed to claim relief from customs duty on the EU goods which have been exported for process, as long as you can show that the exported goods were used to produce, or are incorporated into, the products you are importing. Before you can claim duty relief under OP, you must be authorised to use these arrangements. OP does not extend to excise duties, but you may be able to pay VAT on a reduced value for goods that you have previously exported if you can satisfy the conditions for this. We shall also discuss other Customs Special Procedures.
The UCC impacts on these Special Procedures, come and learn about how the changes may affect you and your business.
- Import and Export Customs Clearance Entries SAD/C88
- Tariff & Classification, Commodity Codes & CPC Codes
- Eligible disposal & Rate of Yield & MCP/SCP
- Relief from Customs Duty, Import VAT
- IP Authorisation by Declaration, IPR Authorised
- Equivalence, Prior Export Equivalence, with or without Triangulation
- Economic Codes (new Economic Codes under UCC), Usual Forms of Handling
- Standard Exchange System
- Other Customs Regimes; ATA Carnets, RGR, End Use, Customs Warehousing
- How the new Customs Law, Union Customs Code (UCC) impacts on above
Contact us for details
Bookings are closed for this event.