Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) Two Day
Date & Time: 18/08/2020 - 19/08/2020 9:00 am - 5:00 pm | Location: Putteridge Bury Conference Centre
This Adult MHFA Two Day course qualifies you as a Mental Health First Aider
Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) is an internationally recognised training course developed by MHFA England, this two day course is for anyone wishing to become a Mental Health First Aider. The course teaches people how to spot the signs and symptoms of mental ill health, gain the confidence to act promptly and the skills to guide someone towards the right help. In the same way as we learn physical first aid, mental health first aid teaches you how to recognise those crucial warning signs and react, even in a crisis and potentially stop a crisis from happening.
Every Mental Health First Aid course is delivered by Mental Health First Aid Instructors who are registered by MHFA England to deliver the accredited courses. MHFA England training programme is accredited by the Royal Society for Public Health.
During the course you will learn how to:
• spot the triggers and early signs of mental health issues
• gain an in-depth understanding of mental health and factors that can effect wellbeing
• have the confidence to help someone experiencing a mental health problem
• carry out Mental Health First Aid using enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
• help someone showing signs of distress and potentially hurting themselves, or others
• prevent mental illness progressing
• assist with mental health recovery by guiding them to appropriate support
• proactively reduce the stigma of mental health issues
Delegates will receive an MHFA manual, workbook and certificate from MHFA England. Lunch, Light refreshment, tea & coffee will be provided during the day.
Why choose Edu-c8 for Mental Health First Aid training?
We believe in supporting our Mental Health First Aiders in supporting others with our Support and Resources Members Hub. All MHFA delegate trained by Edu-c8 will be invited to join our new free members-only Hub with exclusive online support and resources.
More public courses coming soon, and in-house group training is also available.
Cost £240 per person
For more information or to book our May course: