First Aid At Work Requalification
Date & Time: 02/03/2020 - 09/03/2020 9:00 am - 4:00 pm | Location: Kings House
is course complies with the HSE 1981 “First aid at work” legislation for a first aider in the workplace and can only be undertaken by first aiders whose first aid certificate has not expired.
Each refresher First Aid at Work course is adjusted to suit the needs of the students. New concepts or techniques introduced since the initial training of the student will be incorporated into the appropriate training areas.
The first aid course a 2-day first aid course 8.45am-4.30pm (at least 12 classroom hours plus extra independent learning hours). A short oral test will take place during the last session of the course. The tutor will also assess the student as the course progresses.It is acceptable to run the refresher first aid at work course over a longer period not exceeding 6 weeks where each session lasts at least two hours. A first aid certificate which is valid for 3 years is awarded to successful students. Each student receives a First Aid manual and course notes. The candidate should complete two Basic Skills Updates before their 3 year expiry date.
On completion of the first aid at work training, successful candidates should be able to:
- Understand the role of the first aider including reference to the use of available equipment and the need for recording incidents and actions.
- Understand the importance of basic hygiene in first-aid procedures.
- Assess the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency.
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is unconscious and/or in seizure.
- Administer cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is wounded or bleeding and/or in shock.
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is choking.
- Provide appropriate first aid for minor injuries.
Additionally they Should be competent in:
- Recognising the presence of major illness and applying general first aid principles in its management.
Candidates should be able to demonstrate the correct first-aid management of:
- soft tissue injuries;
- injuries to bones including suspected spinal injuries;
- chest injuries;
- burns and scalds;
- eye injuries including how to irrigate an eye;
- sudden poisoning and anaphylactic shock.
Students wishing to remain valid first aiders must receive refresher first aid at work training after 3 years.
For dates of courses please click on the box First Aid Training Courses, Dates and Prices on the left.
Price: £162.00 + VAT – In-house courses can be more cost effective if you have a group of people to train.